Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Sat Sep 21 2002 05:26 PM
subject of boarding up....

I live on the beach in Biloxi... I have six - 3 foot X 6 foot windows in the front of my house on the first floor and four - 3 foot by 5 foot windows on the second floor, all facing the beach.... this does not include another 8 windows that do not face the gulf. so when I board up it takes quite a while... I only board up the beach windows, unless its a Cat 4 then I board up everything including all exterior doors but one...

as a rule of thumb I never board up my house if I'm sure the system will hit east of me... say from AL/FL line.... experience has taught me it is not necessary because I am so sheltered from any winds from the north...

and people who put tape on windows are wasting their time and money... I've seen taped windows blow out.... my advise... board em up....

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center