Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Sat Sep 21 2002 09:20 PM
Re: FYI - Dvorak 6.0 / 6.0 WOW

Just got in from working on my house, been remodeling the outside since July.... figures... couple sections only had plywood and house wrap on it... not any more... finished up those sides and were ready to roll now...

just wondering as I have not had time to do any analysis but as I watched the TWC TU just a few minutes I could have sworn that I saw a "HINT" of a NW drift on the vis loop.... any one else catch it or am I imaging things?

be that as it may, I have completed all my basic hurricane preps... batteries, water, radios, food.. I keep a stock of plywood on hand all the time.... my garage is like a mini Home Depot...... bought me a battery operated TV too...

Cat 4 is a serious event... hopefully some kind of atmospheric event will come up to preclude that from happening... I sure in hell hope so

good post on preps... if your home is situated where you don't have a lot of shelter from the wind I highly recommend plywooding all windows and doors that are not steel or solid wood type... as stated earlier, you lose a window in a Cat 4 you lose your house.... My house has been through em all, From Camille to Elena to Georges... still standing, still plywooding, and still praying for this thing not to come here...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center