Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Wed May 29 2002 12:34 PM
Eyes East... maybe should be Eyes South

System off Florida this morning is absolutely devoid of convection around or near the center.

But guess what does have convection? How about our old disturbed area south of Jamaica! IR shows some really significant deep convection has exploded south of the Island. Now if the system off the coast of Fl had this convection then we would really have something to watch today.

Observations from the island indicate pressures prettly low at 1008 mb. Ship NE of Jamaica reported winds out of the SSE at 25 K, SST 80.2, pressure at 29.83 (this is several hundred miles away from main convection area)

First we all focused on the Caribbean (Thur/Fri/Sat/Sun), then the focus shifted off the SE coast of FL (Sun/Mon/Tues), and now could it shift back to the Caribbean?

Like watching a bad tennis match. I might develop carpal tunnel syndrome monitoring all this mess.

Need to add man's best friend to the hurricane list... Gotta have my hound dawgs for companionship as I evacuate the wife and kids...... (Rad will confirm)

Oh, and did Steve mention BEER....

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center