Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sun Sep 22 2002 03:12 AM
Ominous post from Bastardi tonight...

Kind of ecohes what I said on Page 1 or 2 about the European. When in doubt, he almost always goes with the European in tropical matters. I don't know. Some of the low lying areas and bayous could be in for some serious trouble. People look at a map of the US and think they see Louisiana. But it looks nothing like it used to. We lose 3 football fields every day. If I can find a link to a map of what the state really looks like, I'll post it. You don't really notice it until you're flying overhead, but little by little, we're sinking away. There's a fairly good chance that the southern levee protection on the West Bank will be prime beachfront property in another 60 years.

>>After looking things over, I dont have any changes. Option 2 is re-enforced by the European tonight, and that is a major hurricane hit then a rapid northeast moving storm with heavy rains. Pressures with the storm on Saturday are still near 20.00 over Pennsylvania, after the landfall late Thursday in southeast Louisiana. Basically no changes. The UKMET holds on to its west path, but now has a landfall much closer to Brownsville. I continue to favor what was option 2, back on Thursday, which is basically what the European has.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center