Londovir
(Weather Guru)
Sun Sep 22 2002 06:11 AM
Models Changed Westward

Looks like the newest model runs are trending more westward now...LBAR is now trying to take it up just west of the TX/LA border roughly 4 days from now, while the other models are starting to converge on a sub-Texas Mexican landfall area.

I think we can begin to see why the comment from NHC was in the last update as to Izzy not lifting north at all...give it another 12 hours or so of westward movement and I'm beginning to think even the LBAR model is going to fall south to Mexico as well....I think even the SHIPS wind prediction is leveling off a bit. I could have sworn it had Izzy making it up to around 149-150, but now it's sitting more conservative at 144/72 hrs.

Just another wobble in the models....

Jay

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center