Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sun Sep 22 2002 11:57 AM
Re: Models Changed Westward

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at200210_model.html

Indeed. 6z runs showing continued bias westward. LBAR argues perhaps one of the worst case scenarios for the US. If it's right, that's a terrible place in TX for a major storm to come in. Gut feeling is it's closer to what may happen than any of the other models UM used in this comparison, may be a bit far to the west still though.

I gotta give props to the NHC for the way they've handled the storm the last 72-96 hours. They've been wishy-washy the last couple of years, but this is a storm that really counts. And despite all the evidence that we may have seen (with 1 or 2 exceptions), they threw the W and WSW tracks - which ordinarily don't make that much sense for what we're dealing with - and done an exceptional job. I know some of those guys (and NWS comrades) read over here, so I'd like to say a big thank you for the good word you're doing with Isidore. All my past criticisms are averaged way up since you get an A+.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center