Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sun Sep 22 2002 03:18 PM
Meto...

You've been on that for a few days. You even force-fed me a nylon cap over a temporary jog north while emerging from Cuba. Ultimately, I agree with what you are going with. But plenty of posters have questioned Isidore even crossing 85 and she's showing no signs of slowing (actually picking up some forward speed). Last update at 10 has it at 88.5. NHC's updated 72 hour forecast brings it to 93W.

But the real question is where will it be when it makes the turn? 12z runs of all tropical models give landfall in TX or MX. (See Weather Underground's "Computer Models"). Their historical tracks are much the same. Every Cat 3, 4, or 5 except 1 that's been in Sepetember and made the longitude of Isidore and been within 300 miles of the center have made landfall in TX or MX also. One went in SW LA and turned west into Texas. As I said on Friday or yesterday morning (it's all blending together) was that Isidore would be an exception and will be carving out his own track for future reference. I still believe that. Unless the eventual trof that picks him up - which is what you and I are thinking - is slanted < 75 degrees, landfall will be between Galveston Island and Mobile. If the trof is tilted, it well could still hit the NW FL coast. I think the peninsula is out of the woods in this scenario. Of course all of this is subject to change.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center