mbfly
(Weather Guru)
Sun Sep 22 2002 09:54 PM
Re: I'll catch up on the reading later...

Hey Steve... are you sure that's not just part of the front coming down ? We just got pounded here in Mobile ! Still are as a matter of fact. It looks to me that on http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/gmex-ir4-loop.html that it's part of the "stuff" coming down from the north. It also looks to me that Izzy's eye is more on land now than in the water--maybe he's commiting suicide ? I took a 24 hour break from all this madness here this weekend and spent the day listing things to sell on e-bay (user name mbfly in case anyone is interested in old bottle labels ! ) All of this "here it comes" and "there it goes" is making me a nervous wreck. I have the basic hurricane prep box always packed.... batteries, 10yr old spam, water etc....but have done little more. This latest forecast is more than a little concerning. I STILL think there is no way Mobile is going to get 2 in a row ! My DH (Dear Hubby or Dumb Hubby; just depends) insists that he's not gonna board up unless he hears that Jason Kelly says so. Jason ???

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center