troy2
(Storm Tracker)
Sun Sep 22 2002 10:37 PM
Re: Inland

Marci

Well if Izzy moves as expected,which he has for the most part, he should be well to the wsw of Cape San Bliss on Wed 1pm.

If by then there is a a more ENE or NE movement you may want to give the delivery Co. a call and just express your concerns and see how they feel about the local roads and how well the flood etc. Regardless of it hits it would be a good excercise in preparing.

Maybe meet the delivery guys there and maybe buy some plywood etc that fits the windows, clean up around the yard etc. You can always use the plywod again. Saves the trouble of dealing with Home Depot along with 100 other stressed people the next time.

Now looking a the shape of that cape ape and bay I wold Imagine that the wind would blow waves and water against the south showe of the cape and perpindicular to St Joes peninsula until it passes to teh north of the cape. then a more n westerly wind MIGHT blow some water down the bay but looking at the shape o the coast line on out westward I dont think it will be much.

Regardless I wouldnt stay out there if the center is going right over the Cape.

Just take the time Thursday to preprae etc. Its all part of living on the Ocean.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center