Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Sun Sep 22 2002 10:40 PM
loop to New Orleans, Mobile, Pensacola

Joe Bastardi's site is a must read...because it was so close to land, he predicted it would cause a pressure differential, and the hurricane would steer itself into land more than most thought....then it would emerge in the Bay of Campeche...grow, and do the loop. look at the projected path on the weather channel and you will see agreement with that.

Category 2 or weaker...then explode back to a 4-5...and it will start it ascent into the land of misery. If it hits New Orleans...as a 4-5...you will have the greatest natural disaster in the history of the U.S. New Orleans will be covered in 20 feet of water....the levies are not designed for that sort of thing, ya know.

yeah, I would really be nervous now...all of us...it will be a real wierd week.

The storm is also projected to double in size...this could really be a bad one...I mean...the worse thing that could happen is to get over in the warm Bay of Campeche...then head north..

my thoughts, anyway...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center