Domino
(Weather Guru)
Mon Sep 23 2002 05:51 AM
Re: Looks like he's on the move again.

Things are starting to get back to normal here. We got power back yesterday morning and streets are mostly unblocked now. My town had 20 homes with total destruction and 100 more unliveable and thats just my small suburb of Indianapolis. NWS has offically labelled it as a F-3 that went through my town accompanied by 2 F-2's and an F-0 in other parts of the area. I literally had 10 minutes warning to prepare for this thing. I received a phone call, checked accuweather's storm radar and found it had a TV and MESO detected and headed directly for me...and naturally like all braniacs headed to...the front porch. I could see a large debris field in the air moving northeast due south of my home. Shortly after it passed I headed to families houses that lived due south of me but luckily the path about 1/2 mile wide split the distance between us perfectly. There are several very large trees uprooted and some brick homes (yes, BRICK!) now in piles of bricks. How on Earth with 10 minutes warning there were no serious injuries in this city I have absolutely no idea. Kudo's to the spotters who reported it as the NWS said it was not on radar and the warning was only issued on word from spotters. I still haven't figured out that one as I clearly could see it on radar and the storm table also had it. This has been an issue in my city for a couple years now. The NWS here is very reluctant to issue tornado warnings and has missed a couple in the past few years. Anyone have any take on why they would do this?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center