Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Thu May 30 2002 01:14 PM
Central Florida Boomers

Last night we got some pretty nasty weather here in Central Florida...it seemed to just be concentrated in one area...OURS. About 7:00pm we could hear the rumblings of thunder and then about 7:30 or so, it started to really rock and roll and let loose. It was wicked! It didn't stop until about midnight or so, and I think they said we got 3" of rain. The Weather Channel even mentioned us at 10:50pm! Woohoo! Lakeland needs the publicity...and our pressure was at 29.84. Also mentioned this morning that we could be subjected to more of the nice rainy weather this afternoon. Although, if it doesn't clear up, I don't see much chance of the heating of the atmosphere like it did yesterday. Then again, what do I know?

Ok. Back to loop-de-looing.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center