Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Mon Sep 23 2002 04:43 PM
For the record...

Here's an updated note from Bastardi for all you doubters. He's going along with my thinking. Btw, lots of nervous old ladies at the office today making evacuation plans. I'm taking a vacation to my couch and front porch.
------------------------------------------
I have no changes on Isadore. It will probably come out later tonight about 40 mb higher than it went in( no surprise) and its playing possum. Fact is the the size of the storm is expanding and that is all going to be summoned toward it as it comes north, and it will come north. By possum I mean the storm is weakening at the center, but the structure is every bit as good or better. So I am confident of the forecast for a hit as as strong 2 or 3 in Louisiana probably Thursday. This is what has been said all along, even when it was stronger. Why? because if it had gotten to the western gulf as a cat 4 and stalled, it probably would have upwelled itself back to a 3 anyway. Since it did not do that, it has all that heat and energy still available in a favorable pattern to develop. So the moral is no change.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center