Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Mon Sep 23 2002 05:35 PM
Re: S or west Cuba

There were some posts in here last week that said some models showed a development so fo Cuba--in fact, I think a Tallahassee AFD mentioned that Sunday. But, that was dismissed due to the strength if Isadore. So, now that Isadore is not so strong, hmm, all bets off> ??Looking at Cancun Radar this am btw, I saw a hook echo NNW of Progresso--somebody musta been getting a waterpout out over the Guld, or is was a mesocyclone..very distinct. This was about 7:30 this morning.

Tallahassee also was speculating on a fujiwahara..time will tell.

Interesting thought---what if Lilly runs into Isadore's outlfow, or a new storm.

I have never seen the tropics look this messy and still have trhee storms going!

BTW---not to pat self on back...but, my forecast in August was for an extremely busy mid/late September uptick, and overall busier later season...with 12-14 storms . looks like I might have been a bit low.

The 1984 analogy still holds up in many ways too, I think (that was postulated in June).

IHS,

Bill

IHS,

Bill

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center