Kevin
(Weather Master)
Mon Sep 23 2002 07:24 PM
Lily and Izzy

I'm pretty sure you don't need to take my word for it, Isidore looks bad right now. He is very, very crippled. He's cut-off from his moisture source, but I only expect that to last for 12 more hours, at the very most. Isidore will re-strengthen quite a bit in the GOMEX, and this is why: the low central pressure. When is the last time you saw a 60-MPh tropical storm with a 964 mb central pressure. Not too often. Also, Isidore may just go due N instead of NW. Looks like he could also turn more NE because he weaker. If he doesn't intensify back to a category 2 or more in 36 hours, this one's a Florida storm again.

I'm more concerned about Lili, but in a cautious manner. She looks to be very well organized with plenty of deep convection. Some argue that she may a very vigorous tropical wave, but her convection is hiding the circulation. This storm has had a habit of doing this. I'm concerned about Florida in the longer-term. There should be a northward curve with Lili at some point. When this does occur she should be very near a latitude someplace in Florida, so we could see an 90-100 knot storm effect our weather eventually.

Two storms to watch...goody. And yes, Lili may well mimic what Isidore does because the same trough could effect the two storms. Definitely have to keep a watch in the tropics.

Kevin

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center