joepub1
(Storm Tracker)
Mon Sep 23 2002 10:25 PM
Re: Its all premature speculation anyway......

Geez, doesn't anybody work on Monday's anymore?

After being out in the sun all day, and it was a sweet day here in NE Fla., my eyes can't seem to focus on a NE drift by Izzy, so I'll take everyone's word that he's really doing it. Give the NHC credit, there going to stick by this forecast to the end.
I really kind of feal sorry for the Yucatan; in reality I don't think they got any warning that a Cat3 was going to be a direct hit on them, and then sit for 30-40 hours right on top of them. Wonder what the people were being told before it hit? Hopefully they saw Izzy out there and took it seriously.

OK, here's my guess. Since the whole gulf is under his influence, if, and I've been saying this for days, so I'll repeat myself for my own amusement:
if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if
he decides to come off the Yucatan, and it needs to be soon, I don't think there will very much NW movement, if any at all.
N, NNE, MAYBE a little NE. Remember, some of us may have even said he won't get past 90W. He's not there yet.
Landfall prediction:NO to Rickinmobile, Weak Cat2 at most.

Lili, first and foremost, is Florida's babe to watch now. We'll be the first to let the rest of you know either where it hits us, or if she decides to go visit Jamaca/Cuba who would just be thrilled to see another hurricane so soon.

Kyle is lost. Will somebody find his mother so he'll go home, please?
Jacksonville Jags: At least we will be the second best team in the state after tonight!

Joe in Jax

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center