Kevin
(Weather Master)
Tue Sep 24 2002 07:43 PM
Isidore and Lili

Isidore: He is starting to strengthen again, as evidenced by the convection building around the center of the circulation and the rainbands intensifying NE of the center. Should be a hurricane in 24-36 hours. I'm still thinking further E of where NHC is forecasting lanfall, I'd go with Alabama/Florida border. Low category 2 looks good at landfall...effects will be felt from Isidore for a couple hundred miles. Everybody will get something from Isidore.

Lili: This is another problematic storm. Recon finds that the winds keep getting higher and higher, but the pressure stays the same or goes up slightly. This may be because of the upper-level low to the S and SE of Lili, but she will be moving away from this feature soon. Should intensify to around 80-90 knots. Pressure should start to fall as well. I'm thinking Florida is going to get quite a threat from her, but perhaps not a direct hit. Lili is getting larger at this point and I'm thinking she will be pretty big by the time she nears Florida. I agree with NHC forecast through 72 hours. After that, she will probably crawl NW or NNW towards S. Florida. She will be knocked down by interaction with Cuba, but she should strengthen right back up. Best bet at this point...Lili moves north parallel to Florida EC with winds of 80-90 knots and intensifies slowly. Expect to feel some pretty strong effects...but don't expect direct hit at this time...although any west movement could put her onshore.

The media is going to go ape #!@$ here...two storms with a day or two apart. One makes landfall just west of Florida and then a classic storm going through the Bahamas perhaps. Going to be a busy late-week and weekend.

Bucs 26 and Rams 14. Kurt Warner...4 interceptions. Marshall Faulk gets a neck injury. Need I say more? Bucs are only going to get better...

Kevin

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center