Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Wed Sep 25 2002 01:32 PM
Center shows up nice on vis

Quite evident where the center of this thing is .... 25.77N and 90.06W

and yes it has cross 90W degrees in my opinion....

I predicted New Orleans three days ago when Izzy was drifting south on the YP, also said it would go north when is was basically stationary onland. Initally stated it would hit Pensacola last Thursday prior to the big diversion off to the west last weekend... Miss on intensity as I really though he had a chance to get to a Cat 2, probably lost any chance of that with the increased forward speed at 13.... win some lose some... had to eat a little crow with the first prediction but the second one looking pretty solid right now... and we on the MS coast should get some winds in the 40-50 mph range with tides approaching 4 feet above normal... no big deal... just worry about tornadoes some.... and rain for the flood prone areas of the coast....

did notice some convection developing just east of the center, not much still something to watch as Izzy roars towards SE LA

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center