Kevin
(Weather Master)
Sun Sep 29 2002 03:03 PM
Kyle coming back?

I agree 100% Bruce. The convection has become VERY strong on the southern part of the circulation. I also noticed that the there is more high-level cloudiness developing around the center of circulation. There is still some shear, but it is now beginning to weaken. This is very clear because Kyle's northern fringes don't look like a pancake anymore. He is beginning to look more circular--a possible sign of shear letting up and redevelopment occuring soon.

Dr. Avila was uncertain on the 11:00 AM discussion as he was unsure that Kyle's improving appearence was temporary or the beginning of a trend. He forecasted 60 knots in 72 hours but also mentioned that additional improvement today could lead to hurricane intensity by 72 hours. It'll be interesting to see what's going on with him tonight.

Lili's convective activiy isn't real impressive at this point, only a small ball of deep convection exists on the western side of the circulation. I'm still thinking she will take off like a rocket west of Jamaica.

Have a great day,
Kevin

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center