Rich B
(British Meteorologist)
Sat Jun 01 2002 01:28 PM
Re: Atlantic Hurricane Season Starts Today

Well, i think more Special Tropical Disturbance Statements have been issued by the NHC in the past two weeks than they normally issue in a whole season! Still, it has got us in the mood for the real season... and here we are on day one.

So what is there around that needs watching now we are officially in the season? Not alot! Although, the small complex that is off shore near the Mexico / Texas border has grown in size and intensity over the past few hours. IR imagery and early visible loops suggest some rotation associated with this discrete system. It is in the area that was mentioned in yesterdays STDS issued by the NHC, but surface analysis only indicates it as a trough.

Personaly i think we will have at least one Tropical Cyclone this month, unsure as to its intensity tho. I dont think we will see a hurricane until July however.

Anyways, here wishing you all a safe season.

Rich

StormWarn2000 IWN

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center