joepub1
(Storm Tracker)
Mon Sep 30 2002 02:13 AM
Re: Bastardi going with TX/LA...

Just to be a little bit different, and using somewhat of a gut feeling, I'll say Lili will make landfall in the Mobile-Pensacola area on friday am. The reasons are:
1) We'll be in October
2)If the NHC wants to stick a fork in Kyle(based on the models), than maybe that ridge that should have sent Kyle SW is not as strong, and it's possible it's not going to build as far, or as strong, west. That's my gut talking.
3) In order to hit SW LA or Texas, Lili would have to run straight NW(315 degrees) or less, and never make a move to NNW,N, orNNE. See #1
4) The models are running like they finally figured out where Izzy is going to land.......come on. Surely something has changed just a little in two weeks.....See #1
5) I feel that maybe a little to much forward speed in the forecast. Just a little, at least for a storm that really won't get going for another day, and still isn't by Cuba and hasn't seen the GOM yet. Yet. Do think she will be a true high Cat1/ low Cat2.

Oh well, made my call. If I was living in the Mob/Pen area I would fell safer now

Joe in Jax

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center