Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Mon Sep 30 2002 04:11 PM
Predictions

People in the northern GC really have to watch her. With her current forward speed, and the potential for it to increase slightly, regardless of whether she moves over Cuba or not, she is going to be full throttle in the SE GOM. Thinking back to Isidore, I recall how it seemed to pick up intensity just prior to landfall...think of what would have happened if Isidore had gotten its act together in the southern GOM... This is exactly what we could have on our hands with Lili. I am putting Lili just west of New Orleans, at strong Cat 3, with a large storm surge from fast forward speed. I see this one as more of a wind event, unless she slows or becomes more expansive as Isidore did.

I still don't know what to do with Kyle. Looks to me on visible that hes moving SW again...and I am not sure I buy the NHC's center. Looks to me like is much further south. But then again, I am always wrong as far as Florida predictions go....so perhaps indeed this one will get kicked out east.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center