Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Mon Sep 30 2002 04:53 PM
Colleen.......HEY SHAWN

Colleen, I've been watching them too... MS coast went down a little at 11:00 am as opposed to 5:00 am while the Tx coast when up a notch... Prior to that MS keeping inching up... first time we have gone down.... Models of late keep moving it just a shade to the left...

I just can't see this thing staying on a wnw track the entire time its in the GOM, not in October... but you never know... somewhere its going to turn NW, this will be critical... its all about the timing... this will be the storm of the season, and for somebody maybe the decade... that remains to be seen... I can find no model that has this thing east of New Orleans... if one is out there I'd like to see it.. I posted last night it would be west of NO... and not Texas... still feel that... center will go inland somewhere in LA... but you never know... This could shape up as Shawns big time storm... wonder where he is.... HEY SHAWN WAKE UP.... THERE'S A STORM A BREWING AND HEADING YOU WAY....

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center