Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Mon Sep 30 2002 04:57 PM
Wassup Guru Colleen?

I think that is a function of the fact that she's likely to pass nearer to Key West than any other American Point in the next day or so. Look at the A, B, C, D columns. Key West is 9% during "A" and 8% "B" (8am Tues to 8pm Tues) and 1% C. They added them all up and came up with 18%. New Iberia at 13% is the current highest probability in "D" (8am Wed to 8am Thurs). New Iberia is my landfall call within 60 miles. The reason I think Buras went down is that it's now evident to the TPC that Lili is going to pass south of her - possibly by as much as 125 miles. In no way IMHO is the threat to FL increasing with time - certainly not the peninsula. You guys should get off without even any feeder bands except possibly extreme SW FL might get clipped with a brief squall.

And you should know this: The main threat to Florida this year is from Paloma! Paloma is coming, and he/she's coming to get us all!

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center