Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Wed Oct 02 2002 04:32 PM
Storm of the century .... sure

Here's my rationale... it could be the storm of the century to the people most affected by it... I'm not saying from the year 2002 to 2102 per se.... but it's affect on the individuals during their life time...

Case in point... I'm 50 .... I've experienced my storm of the century during Camille... I doubt that I ever experience another one.. at least I hope.... I've been through some strong Cat 2s but that about it... statistically speaking, and you know your statistics, the chances of me going through another Cat 5 is extremely remote...

HF... how many Cat 4s have you been through??? ... I mean taked a direct hit from it... in the eye wall sort of thing... probably not very many... it is not that often that someone experiences a direct hit with a Cat 4 and even less with a Cat 5.... Of course this is all speculation as Lili has not yet gotten to Cat 4.... but IMO, if it does, then she most likely will be the storm of the century for those poor people who will go through her eye wall and areas just east .... Just like Andrew was the storm of the century for the residents of S Fla and Hugo was the storm of the century for those people in SC that experienced his fury.... Lili might just be the storm of the century for SW LA... my opinion....

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center