HanKFranK
(User)
Wed Oct 02 2002 06:38 PM
dropping like a rock

7mb drop about three hours.. yeah, i'd call it rapid intensification. funny that lili is going right across isidore's path a week ago, and is doing all this deepening. the forecast landfall intensity is now 125kt.. if it does that, this will be the strongest u.s. hurricane since andrew. i dont think lili will get too much stronger.. say, deepen much past 930mb.. but it could. official track now to sw louisiana instead of the central part.. this is what ive been expecting to happen. might hit cameron head on.. and produce results like audrey did in '57. inland damage probably very heavy around lake charles up towards leesville.
interesting that bastardi is talking about kyle lurching westward. the thing is nearing hurricane strength again.. the eyespot i saw this morning is becoming a real eye. bastardi says it could go west at 15mph tomorrow.. considering that kyle has rarely gone over 10mph during its 11 day life span.. id be impressed to see that.. dont expect it. modeling now more or less takes kyle a little west as a weak system and then merges it into the trough following recurving lili. throw in a stronger system.. hell, i dont know what happens.
94L.. none the better. still plenty of models trying to resolve something out in the central atlantic, and i want my marco this week.
frank p.. hey, about the storm of the century semantics.. i know what youre talking about. this is a big deal sw louisiana storm, rare. theyve had audrey in 1957 and one like it in august 1918.. im not sure of any others that compare. but if you wanna get technical, this isnt a storm of the century but more of a half century storm, since this seems to happen about every 40 years. nothing to mock, i know.. i dont live at the coast so havent seen any camilles.. hugo and opal just gave me winds near/at hurricane force 100 miles inland, not the real mccoy. ive got the feeling that cameron louisiana will be destroyed in about 24 hours.. anybody else sensing that?
HF 1836z02october

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center