mbfly
(Weather Guru)
Wed Oct 02 2002 07:35 PM
Re: Reality check

Pascagoula, huh ?? That's a little too close for comfort...... I was still thinking more toward the west; TX/LA border. Regardless, the poor souls in LA, NO, etc are going to catch Hell. I hope they have prepared and that none of them is thinking this will be a "fun" experience. Having gone through Frederick in '79, I know now what it is like to go into such a storm anticipating not much more than a 12 hour thunderstorm ! Believe me, spending the night in the hallway of a little bitty wood frame house with a husband, a 2 yr old, a German shephard and a Chihuahua with winds at 100mph or so was NOT fun. I wouldn't want to do it again. This track deviation to the north that you mentioned ............ is that definite or just a remote possible maybe ?? All the horror and destruction aside, I don't even want enough effect here in Mobile to lose electricity ! I have a sick elderly mother with me who just came home from the hospital this morning. Her oxygen is dependent on having electrical power (although I do have approx 24 hrs of tank oxygen) O.K., I'm obviously rambling on here out of nervousness but, again, my main question is how strong the possibility is that this booger will deviate from it's projected path and have any impact closer to MS/AL. It's quite breezy here already now, and some wind gusts that look almost as strong as what we had last week with Izzy. No rain yet, but the clouds are gathering. BTW, I've been reading and relying on this fabulous web site and board for several years now..................... don't know what I'd do without it ! Thank you all for your knowledge and awareness and the information you pass on and provide. My prayers are with everyone affected by this monster.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center