cappycat
(Verified CFHC User)
Wed Oct 02 2002 09:39 PM
Re: Reality check

Just watched three different weather updates and all of them have shifted the projected land fall east. oh joy. They had landfall at New iberia, but conceding that the track could possibly be shifted even further east.... another one said closer to Morgan City. I wasn't scared until now.

Our house is built up into the loft of a barn, so no fear of flooding. Water would have to be 14-15 ft deep to get to our front door. It is a steel structure, anchored into an 8 inch slab of concrete. We weathered Andrew at my father's house, but suffered no wind damage or leaks at our home. I am wondering about what wind of 140 mph will do to such a structure. My father (next door) has NOT boarded up at all, so I am thinking that here may be safer than there, even though we are up so high. babbling out of fear, now. Oh!!! we need to take down the direct tv dish!!!!

Wish we had taken up the invite to Birmingham.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center