Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Wed Oct 02 2002 11:01 PM
my take on things

so a shift to the east 125 miles...and that's it?....

WRONG hank frank....

looking at the satelliltes...definitely slightly north of nw now...maybe not nnw for another few hours...however...this hurricane can easily take another 20 hours...and in the last 10 hours...we have seen a 15 degree shift...haven't we....?...all we are talking about now is about 30 degrees...or so...and the farther north it goes..the greater likelihood it wil turn further north quicker...

granted...it could even stay on its general path and hit central louisiana or so...

my take...
a gradual loop to knife through the lowlands of Louisiana...and either punish New orleans on the left, right, or dead center...

but to think New Orleans is out of the woods is wierd....to think that 20 hours from landfall the deviation won't continue to occur is belying the obvious. IT WILL continue to curve gradually around, and Bill's idea of Pascagoula is a savvy one. may not happen...but at least he threw it out there...

Pascagoula is in deep dooodooo
New Orleans is in deep doodoooo
No one in Mobile is taking this seriously....hopefully they and I are not in deep doo dooooo

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center