Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Thu Oct 03 2002 12:23 AM
Thanks a lot Big JK...

and everyone else. Yeah, we're watching intently. I think TPC has got to nudge the track a bit to the right at the 10:00 advisory. Got the Benz (wife's - NOT MINE, I drive a 94 Honda which she gave me to replace my '88 Accord) gased up just in case, but we're planning on staying put for now. Surprisingly, everyone in the neighborhood who blew town for Georges is also hunkering down. So that would complicate any radical turns as there would literally be NO WAY to get even 1/3 of the people outta here. This isn't worst case scenario (Cat-5 moving up from SSE/SE just to the south of the city) that kills 100,000+ people, but you still have to respect it. I've got the kids life vests in just in case. It doesn't flood in my neighborhood, but obviously a levee breach ANYWHERE changes everything. So we're all set. I'm looking forward to tracking this with all you guys as long as I have power. I'm about 85% sure we'll lose power at some point, just don't know for how long. So I'll be back in as is possible.

Looks like this was Louisiana's year. Glad most of the storms (at least up unto now) have been wimpy because if this was our 4th or 5th direct hit, it would probably be the death knell!

L8R,

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center