Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Thu Oct 03 2002 12:25 AM
Re: North turn...

Posted two days ago this thing would NOT hit Texas... I think I got that one in the bag... also stated that Lili would be within 100 miles of New Orleans to the west... that might come to fruition as well (maybe)... have notice the big swing to the NNW...

I have not done any preps at my house... NONE... why? because I have been relying solely on what I though was a confident nhc forecast track... heck we don't even have a hurricane watch on the MS coast... I sure would hate to have to nail up plywood in gale force winds... shame on me... probably goning to be OK over here as long as we don't get any last minute surprises.. good thing Lili is a small compact storm...

On the sat pixs you can see the elongation of the system from north and south, usually an indication of where a system might eventually go.. it was NW to SE most of this afternoon, but now it a descernible N and S....

If A98E comes to fruition then the Big Easy might be the really Big Uneasy tonight and tomorrow...

all eyes will stay focus on the track for the next 6 -8 hours or so... will be critical

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center