joepub1
(Storm Tracker)
Thu Oct 03 2002 02:20 AM
Re: getting weird...

This is my list of things I know, and things i think at 10pm EDT.

1)Lili has passed 90.7W. That is west, dav.
2)She still is moving to NNW.
3)She is going to leave a very real path of destruction when she makes landfall, which appears is going to happen eariler than expected.
4)The pressure is up to 942MB
5)The U.S. is going to get hit by a hurricane for the first time in three years.
6)The Weather Channel has gone beyond the point of trying to get offical information to the public, although they don't seem to be alone in that respect. The hype is just about as bad as a made-for-tv movie, with Jim C. in the starring role, as usual.
7)I hope everyone in LA comes through this OK, and that this other Bush doesn't wait four days to send help like daddy did to us in FL.

The things I think:
1) New Orleans will live to see another day.
2)This will be the second time this year the gators get whipped by the hurricanes. (That's a football joke, by the way)
3)They sell way too much beer in Alabama.
4)That I agreed with HankFrank twice in the same night

Ready, take aim, flame.

Joe in Jax

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center