Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Sun Jun 02 2002 11:40 PM
Re: Atlantic Hurricane Season Starts Today

Convection in the northwest caribbean may be the only game in town for the next couple of days, if it persists... Climatelogically, it's in a prime area for tropical development during the month of June... We've had approximately 63 June storms in the past 113 years so that leaves us with about a 56% change of a storm this month.

I can remember some past years back that we would not get any development to speak of during June or July... IMO the real season begins around the middle of August... Things usually crank up big time when the Cape Verdi storms develop from waves off the African coast..

If we have an average season as most of the weather experts predict, then probably something should develop in the next month or two... just have to wait and see

I still think the New Orleans area is way past due and it's my prime target of the season...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center