Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Thu Oct 03 2002 03:24 AM
Re: Kimster

Forecast track from nhc tonight has 91.5W as the farthest west that Lili SHOULD track.. that's about 90 miles west of New Orleans..... C LA and parts of SE LA should get hammered.... that's very consistent with A98E model runs ... the only model that had the system east of 92 and was doing it for several days I might add! (still could change I might add)

joepub, A98E is no longer on the axis of evil, and GFDL is!!!

still awfully close to NO for a Cat 4 storm.... somebody would have told me that NO would be 90 miles from a Cat 4 storm without at least a Hurricane Watch I would not have believed it.....

Well for all the whiners that said we wouldn't have a very exciting 2002 hurricane season, the last three weeks have been unbelievable....

uhhhh what was that forecast again Dr Gray?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center