Londovir
(Weather Guru)
Thu Oct 03 2002 05:43 AM
Track bending eastward?

Over the last 2 or 3 runs I've done of my math, I've noticed the track "bending" a bit eastward, and slowing a bit. I know that sounds crazy seeings as the official statement has increased the speed to 18, I think, but every time I run my numbers for each radar image update, my "pixel per hour" rate has gone down a bit over the last 3 or 4 runs. Just guesswork on my part, but eh....

If you're curious to see, I've put my track extensions online. It's located at Lili forecast track (my guess) The two track runs to the right edge of the runs I marked are the last two I've run. Looking at the lines seems to almost look to be a recurve northward beginning....I'll keep adding lines for as long as I stay up tonight.....

Jay

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center