Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Fri Oct 04 2002 06:28 PM
Perspective

I wasn't going to say anything but....

Folks, the comments about how God did not "spare" those in the path of Andrew are so WRONG. A CAT 5 hurricane hit S Fl and La (Cat 4) and ONLY 33 people died? Yes, there was a lot of property damage....but amazingly few deaths and injuries. That is the miracle of Andrew. As a song says...sometimes God calms the storm, sometimes he calms the child.

I don't want to get into a theological debate, everyone is entitled to their view. RE: temp gradients...haven't we seen powerful hurricanes over less than optimum water temperatures before that kept or increased their intensity, rather than lost it? I don't buy that as THE explanation, but I'll put it this way---even if it was the water temp gradient.....how convenient that it was in just the right place and time..or that the storm was in the right place and time, eh? Not a coincidence!

IHS,

Bill

ps---and then there was Cat 4 Bret hitting the least populated place on the entire US Gulf and East coasts?! A miracle is a miracle, and it wasn't by chance.

I don't pretend to understand why and how God does what HE does all the time, but , like 'good art' I know it when I see it!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center