wannaBfrankP
(Registered User)
Fri Oct 04 2002 07:32 PM
pretty good, but.....

Nice one oh Jedi master of the hurricane, but...

You forgot two key topics for most of us Louisianaians hurricane preparations: beer and Nash.

I'm sure most southern Louisiana residents just didn't feel right this year with a notably absent Nash Roberts. I know that I, for one, heard several quiet whispers to the effect of, "Do you think they'll bring him back for one more year?" The comfort level of the general populous would have been raised a little if channel 4 would have maybe even played some old tapes of Nash and his marker (which I hear is now in the Smithsonian.)

The other important element in any good southern LA resident is the beer. I live directly on the northshore of Lake Pontchartrain (don't cringe, Slidell, not Mandeville), and for much of the past week, our street has been covered in marsh grass, camp debris, and water. It just wouldn't be the same to drive down my street and not see three can cosey-equiped beer-toating buddies for every one debris shoveler.

We all should be very thankful to live around such great people always willing to lend a hand. In fact, I saw more waves and smiles in the past week than I have seen all year. Thank goodness (translation: dynagel) things were not much much worse.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center