Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Fri Oct 04 2002 07:53 PM
Well

I don't mean to pick on you Bill...but I have to speak to what I believe as well. There are endless candidates for miracles throughout history, when seen in a sympathetic light. We could go on and on and on about how something's favorable outcome was a "miracle," when it in fact could just as well (and most likely) have been due to chance. Flame me if ya like, but the lawyer in me finds fault in your logic.

By your reasoning, Lili was a miracle, beacuse she weakened. Andrew was a miracle as well, not because he weakened, but because people were somehow "spared." So we have miracles on two fronts, to the sympathethic eye. Logically then, God was not happy with the people in Galveston (where 8,000 were killed), Florida/Lake Okeechobee (over 1,500) or even Audrey in '57 (nearly 400), for these storms certainly cannot be considered miracles...or can they?? Perhaps they were miracles because they fertilized the land, or because 10,000 other people were spared...who knows?

All condescension aside, you have a right to your opinion, and me to mine. But if you are going to attempt to present logical argument, be prepared to defend it without bending your own rules when unfavorable evidence presents itself.

No one can prove or disprove the existence of a higher being at this point in time...but I would like to think that a storm that brought death, property damage, disease, and financial ruin to entire communities in South Florida would NOT be considered one of his "miracles." I shudder to think of what would happen if I took his name in vain...

Thats my last on the topic, and sorry for the tangent. On to Kyle...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center