(Weather Master)
Sat Oct 05 2002 07:59 PM
Re: What's the official count as of now?

Obviously these radars were in place to be used at the beginning of the season. I don't recall hearing anything about them or that they would be used. Anyway, the data that these radars can produce could be invaluable in the future. The high resolution is totally awsome, almost made you feel like you were there, but under safer circumstances of course.

The convection in the Caribbean and in the Atlantic is still holding together. The caribbean looks more impressive at this point. When I see convection firing in that neck of the woods this time of the year it gets my full attention.

Toni

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center