Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Mon Jun 03 2002 04:35 PM
Re: GO WATCH BASTARDI'S METEOROLOGICAL DISCO for today

I agree with what you're saying Greyman. But TX is also broken up by regions, so SE FL is not actually ahead of the state of TX. You guys are around the same as LA and NC, and we in LA haven't had anything major since 95 to count anyway.

Here was his exact quote: "Last year we targeted Florida, and of course Florida was affected by 4 different storms, fortunately no major hurricanes. This year, though (and he smiles and raises his eyebrows), is a little bit different. And while I agree with the lesser number, it's going to be an interesting year as far as landfalls go."

So yeah, Florida is always under the gun - and not just SE FL. In my trouble spots for this year (as they concern Florida), I targeted NW FL down to Cedar Key off the peninsula and the whole SE Atlantic Coast. What I may have screwed up is by starting my red area at Mobile. It well may be that I need to include the MS Coast (as alluded to in one of my preliminary forecast discussions in another thread) and the East 1/2 of the LA Coast - maybe to Morgan City or so. My forecast is definitely west of Dr. Gary Gray of Millenium Weather, but it may not be far enough so.

Still, it's nice to see the predictions that don't just say "everything's curving out to sea" or "we'll have below-normal storms this year". It makes for some excitement here in the early part of the 2002 season.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center