Kevin
(Weather Master)
Tue Oct 08 2002 09:22 PM
Re: 5PM Update

Took a few days off tracking...a little hiatius for me. Good thing I got the rest because it appears Florida is going to be dealing with Kyle by Friday. NHC only keeps the intensity at 30 knots through the period, but that simply means they are extremely uncertain. I expect Kyle to make landfall somewhere between Melbourne and Cocoa Beach with intensity ranging from a moderate TS to a minimal hurricane. Somewhere in between is what I favor most at this point. The convection has become slight more numerous in the past hour, but we will have to see if this trend persists.

Another thing I should add: who says weak systems are slouches? I have a feeling Kyle is going to be a messy ball of deep convection by the time he gets to Florida, not a naked circulation with dying convection like Edouard was. Flooding and tornadoes are a distinct possibility with this type of system, and all people in Florida need to keep a close eye on Kyle.

I will also add that I am leaving for a trip to the Smoky Mountains late Friday afternoon, Kyle's presence could bring some bad communting weather. Our plan was to get to the SC/NC border by Saturday afternoon...we'll have to drive slower with the possible heavy rains that Kyle may bring.

The Bucs are 4-1 and are looking to take control of the NFC South, Saints look out! The panthers have lost two in a row and have begun their slipping-off act. The Falcons would need a miracle to turn things around. Looks like a good, tight two-team race.

Kevin

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center