joepub1
(Storm Tracker)
Thu Oct 10 2002 03:18 AM
Kyle goes for 6th place

The NHC is to the point now that their singing Bee Gee's songs and seeing drum-playing bunnies in their sleep. Is this what the world is coming to?

At 5am Kyle becomes the 6th longest tropical cyclone in the Atlantic Basin. We here in Jacksonville (at least myself) will stand outside and brave his powerfull, leaf-bending, 25 MPH winds to welcome him ashore if he decides to do it here in lovely NE Florida. I will be truely in awe if would bring us some much-needed rain, and some relief to the summer that just won't end. There is no need for him to go north and pound all those unsuspecting poor souls in Georgia, as I know they could not be nearly as prepared as we are here in Jacksonville.

Thunder Storm Kyle continues to show repeated powerful bursts of convection that should provide more than enough energy to maintain his leaf-bending 25MPH winds. It will be interesting to see what he does when he gets into the true gulf stream waters and rides the coast for a while, for the air is not nearly as dry up here. If the NHC starts playing the Rocky tune, I will more than likely change my tune.

My 11pm update:
50% Kyle makes TS
100% Kyle maintains TD
0% Kyle makes hurricane
25% Kyle makes landfall in my backyard
0% I make a trip to Home Depot

Joe in Jax

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center