Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Fri Oct 11 2002 05:03 AM
Kyle...

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/radar/loop/DS.p20-r/si.kjax.shtml

Based on the radar link and tonight's IRs, if I was in South Carolina I know I'd be into it (as would most of you). Hell, an outer band is worth a six-pack.

I agree with HF on the SW Carribean. It's too early to call, but there's going to be a pretty big front sweep into the Gulf this weekend. New Orleans is forecasted to start at 72 Sunady and drop from there. It's our first fall shot. That's supposed to hold until maybe Thursday. 4 days of mild-cool air (plus all the recent rainfall - another 6-12" in SW LA since Sunday), the NGC water temps will come down some. There is a link at ATCW.org to a site that gives maximum hurricane potential as of a given time over the Atlantic basin based on these temps, shear and other indicators. That's something to watch this week. I've only run across that link 1 time, and it was 2 days old, but when I run across it again, I'll post it. It might be important next week. Gut feeling tells me the threat is 150 miles or more east of here, but could be a Cat-2 or 3 event for someone in the US next weekend.

TPS

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center