joepub1
(Storm Tracker)
Sun Oct 13 2002 02:25 AM
Re: nhc test model runs on 95L

Speed, speed, speed. It seems that's where the Axis of Evil models are showing their disagreements. The ones that are turning Marco (may I call it that?) into the Bahama's are getting him up there in a hurry. Slower models put him a little bit more to the west. Of course, at the moment, we're talking about a system that hasn't formed yet.

From what my eyes tell me, we are looking at several problems. One, in most cases, the 'system' will actually take a short tour of Central America while it is in the process of trying to get going. Where (or what) it comes out as is the first problem. When, of course, is the second.

If we have a system at that point, where does it cross Cuba (Fidal piss somebody off this year?) and when? For the third time this year, the Isle of Youth may hold the answer. West of the Isle, bad news for Florida; east and I don't think he touches the US.

Last, and the one I can't begin to even try to answer, is there seems to be some kind of fall noreaster off of the upper East coast mid week. Axis of Evil models go to war on this issue. Are the noreaster and Marco one and the same, or are they separate? If the two lows are not connected, good news for Florida, Marco goes fishing, because the noreaster breaks down any ridge that trys to redevelop over the south (opens the door, so to speak). If they are really the same system then Marco is a whole lot closer to the East coast then some in the Axis of Evil would lead us to believe. At any rate, I don't think anywhere west of Florida will see a cloud from him. That's my take on 'Marco' tonight, but like I said a way's up in this post, we don't even have a system yet.

Joe in Jax
Go Jags!!!!!!
So sorry Free Shoes Univ.(FSU)!!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center