Kevin
(Weather Master)
Fri Oct 18 2002 08:34 PM
I'm back!

Our trip up to NC was beautiful, there was one day (Wednesday) that was rainy and cold but the rest of the days were sunny and cool. I had a good time on this *heavily* needed vacation.

Concerning TD14...you know I am the type that will come out and admit when I am wrong right away. I busted *BIG TIME* with this storm. I thought this would become a minimal cane and affect S. Florida and that was really off the mark. The problem? Deep convection never developed on top of the LLC. That's not a good recipe for development at all.

As for the SW Caribbean producing another storm, I'm not buying it at this time. There is very little model support at this time for anything popping down there. I want to see an LLC with deep convection associated with it before saying anything about development. Chance of development: 0/10, after all, there is only popcorn thunderstorms north of Panama. A feature such as a well-defined tropical wave would help to develop something. 96L may be the only hope for this.

Also, has anyone noticed how quiet the E. Pac has been...we've only gotten to the I-storm (I think) and there is nothing in the forseeable future. Interesting.

That's all for now.

Kevin

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center