Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Tue Jun 04 2002 01:24 PM
Re: For the Joe B fans...

Steve, check out Joe B tropical outlook today, very interesting. He has a very similar approach as I posted yesterday regarding grouping of land areas based on the affect of a hurricane as opposed to by state alone.

Our areas were not all group the same but the methodology and approach was similar, one big difference Joe had from mine is that he has nine groups, I had six, and that he grouped SW and SE Florida as one, which makes more sense from how I grouped them (east coast vs west coast).

Regardless, he has developed a scoring system based on landfall and intensity (based on pressure) and this year ranks the Hatterus area as having the highest strike zone of 3.2/1. South Florida and the Northern Gulf Coast (boothsville to fla panhandle) are next with a rating 1.75/1 and 1.70/1 respectively... you need to listen to the broadcast to understand his numbering system, overall he projects 5 landfalling storms, although one storm could strike more than one area.

Joe B, gotta love him cause he's not afraid to go out on a limb.

Here is the link...

http://www.accuweather.com/adcbin/video_index

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center