Kevin
(Weather Master)
Sun Jan 05 2003 05:24 PM
Re: zoe

Here is what I know:
1. Many deaths were feared, but there were NONE reported. I believe a ship came there or something.
2. The damage is awful, looks a lot like a Andrew, Hugo, Mitch, or Gilbert type storm came through. The satellite images also confirmed this.
3. Sustained winds were 200-210 Mph. 218 and 225 Mph gusts were recorded.

On another note...I read an article on another message board about the link between ENSO and the amount of TC's reaching the east Austrailan Coast. Some scientists there believe that Zoe (which reached eastern Austrailia in a greatly weakened form) and other TC's that reach the E. Austrailian Coast can signal new eras of strong and long-lived La Ninas. It's strange...if anybody has been watching the eq. Pacific lately, a cooling trend has been steadily occuring--especially when compared to past months. Could Zoe coincide with an upcoming La Nina? We'll see.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center