Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Mon May 13 2002 02:46 PM
Re: The New News System - Will this Be the Year?

A little quote from today's Bastardi diatribe:

>>The true summertime ridge is now starting to make an appearance over the southeastern Caribbean as far as its source region and my suspicion , and this is directed at Florida for the weather a few weeks down the road, is that as the seasonal jet evolves to a weaker and weaker status, a weakness will develop between the remains of the winter ridge pulling back west and the new summer ridge that is developing northwestward ( by, right under the trof position near 70 west the next couple of weeks, as we talked about how ridges love to develop under trofs because of the jets in spring and summer) and something breaks off from the eastern trof and gets stuck in between in early June. So one might guess that the early season tropical threat this year, if there is to be one, is more eastern than western gulf, and right or wrong about this, I will update as I see if any of these players take the field. I felt that since there has been little weather in the southeast, I thought I would start speculating on this idea now to give some folks a heads up as to what we may see aloft as we head down the road to early June.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center