Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Thu Jun 06 2002 03:17 PM
Just Checking In...

Morning all! Just took a look at the loops in the Western Atlantic and the GOM. Nothing much going on with the 92L, that's for sure. But it looks as if there is a line of storms from N to S headed into Florida later this afternoon.

A couple of things I noticed also. In the Western Atlantic, just SW of PR and almost due E of Jamaica, there has been a big blow up of convection. I'm not saying anything will become of this, it's just there. Also...Yucatan Channel, there seems to be a lot of twisting and turning there and although the convection has died down somewhat this morning, it was very active earlier. Other storms coming off the Yucatan Peninsula almost drifting due east in the waters.

Whether or not any of these things become "tropical" or not I have no idea of knowing at this point, as I have not yet looked at the shear maps or any other mitigating factors that would inhibit development. Just posting what I see because that's what I do for a living.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center