Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Fri Jun 07 2002 02:41 AM
june (i hate beavers)

for what its worth im going to stick with my preseason guess that nothing comes until july. as much as i was doubting it a couple weeks ago, with that big offshore low lighting up the forecast models, its a reasonable bet and probably wont get me into too much trouble. based on how things look right now i would discount any formation in the next four days. of some note is the disturbance south of the gulf of tehuantepec in the eastpac. that could be boris in a day or two.
as for the part about beavers: forget all the cute cartoon images you have in your mind about the varmints. i spent yesterday afternoon in the biggest disgusting mire hacking up three beaverdams that are choking up a creek on the hunting club i belong to, making the pond below it an algal blooming mess. drought and dirty mucky water dont do good things for gamefish populations. also of note: dont walk on quivering sphagnum moss and submerged peat with methane bubbles coming out vigorously; there is nothing but cold water below and when you punch through it doesnt want to let you back up. thanks to some evil beavers i discovered this bit of trivia, as well as gaining an uncanny resemblance to swampthing.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center